Club News

AGM 2018 Minutes

Agenda for the AGM can be found here


  1. Election of committee
    • Chairman: Justin Gatting
    • Vice Chairman / Race Coordinator: Mark Ellis
    • Funding Coordinator: Rob Flavell
    • Secretary / Go Ride rep: Rob Flavell
    • Club Welfare Officer: Gemma Penny
    • Club Treasurer: Julieanne Charlesworth
    • Rider Representatives: Naz Gullon, Becca Gohl, Caitlin Ellis & Justin Gatting
    • PR, Social Media & Membership: Ski Martin
    • Facility management: Simon Harmer
  2. Accounts: club funds presented & discussed.
  3. Club Update
    • Racing
      • Regional Race: Discussion surrounding race day income and how this has been affected by the decrease in participation in the region. Agreed to take concerns to region AGM, with action points such as BC regional coaching targeting primary schools surrounding tracks
      • Wild West winter series: Race day was a real success, income was higher than anticipated. Gate failed again, renewal is top of the development priority list 
      • Proposal of summer race series with Tiverton – ‘Racing up the link road’ with Go-Ride branding. Tiverton Chair is keen
    • Development 
      • Track: Funding from Coastal Recycling has been confirmed for Gate / Hill / 1st Straight project, this is fantastic news. Awaiting feedback from Sport England, will update as and when we have some news
      • Timing Systems: Funding application as been submitted to Fullabrook and DCC. Awaiting outcomes and will update accordingly 
      • Membership: See above, re: BC & Schools programme. Speaking to Sam Leggett today East-The-Water & Instow are confirmed for spring 2019. 
    • Volunteering
      • New Roles:
        • Ski Martin: Membership, an important new role for the club, we will be forming a job spec shortly and the core committee will support Ski were required.
        • Simon Harmer: Facilities, heading up all maintenance to the site and organising when and where to use our volunteering resources to keep on top of all facility maintenance. We will be creating an equipment inventory and servicing schedules – Budget’s to be discussed.
      • Riders Rep (Youth / Adult) New riders reps elected to 2019, as above. Points of contact for anything rider or race related. The reps will feedback to the committee if an when required.
    • Coaching
      • Agreed to have a separate meeting to discuss our coaching offer and look to recruit additional coaches – there’s a couple of senior riders who are keen to get qualified
  4. Direct debit – Go Cardless. All agreed to implement this
  5. Track Fees 2019: As follows
    • Under 18 membership £15:00
    • Adult single membership £30:00
    • Family membership (up to a max of 4) £50:00
    • Free membership for residents from East of Water, with proof of address
  6. Yearly gates fees
    • Single: one off payment to cover all open gate sessions from Jan to Dec £50.00
    • Family: one off payment to cover all open gate sessions from Jan to Dec £100.00
  7. Card reader: All agreed to purchase the 3g Sumup card reader
  8. Update following meeting with Pollyfields Community centre trustee’s. Good meeting, agreed a way ahead for the parking and how we can partnership work for the good of both parties.
  9. All agreed regarding submitting for SW Champs again. It was universally agreed that our last championship offer was better than previous offers. Will look to form an offer to present to region when required.
  10. AOB – Simon Harmer suggested looking to get funding for additional hire bikes. This is a great idea given we’re actively increasing membership and partnership working with BC to target local schools. Will look at available funds.